Parental Order Application

Home Parental Order Application

Parental Order Application

Before you make a Parental Order application, make sure that you can meet the criteria under S.54 of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008.

To apply for a Parental Order you need to complete a C51 application form.  You will need the child’s original birth certificate and a certified copy of your marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate.  A separate application is needed for each child.

You will need to make copies of each application accordingly.  The original is retained by the court, one for cafcass and one to serve on each of the Respondents (surrogate and her husband/partner).

The court fee is currently £215 per application not per child.  You need to make your cheque payable to ‘HMCTS’.

Post the application by recorded delivery to the family section at your local Family Centre.  Chase this up if you have not heard back within 14days.  If the application is urgent, go to the Family Centre and issue in person.

Please call our surrogacy lawyers for advice on a Parental Order application following surrogacy on 01727 884 688 / 07980 917882 or e-mail Harjit directly on

Do visit our testimonials page to see what some of our clients say about us.